Prince Harry this morning launched a Paralympic-style sporting championship for injured servicemen and women.Harry has been working to bring the event to the UK after flying to the US last year to see members of Britain's Armed Forces taking part in a similar competition, the Warrior Games.At the official launch held in the Copper Box arena at the former Olympic Park in London the prince declared the competition, called the Invictus Games, would "have a long-lasting impact" on those who fought for their country. And joking about his inspiration, he said the Warrior Games competition was "such a good idea by the Americans that it had to be stolen".Harry said: "I have witnessed first hand how the power of sport can positively impact the lives of wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women in their journey of recovery."The Invictus Games will focus on what they can achieve post-injury and celebrate their fighting spirit through an inclusive sporting competition that recognises the sacrifice they have made."I am extremely proud to be bringing an event like this to the UK for the first time and believe it can have a long-lasting impact on the well-being of those who have served their nations so bravely."Organisers said more than 300 wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women, serving and veteran, from 13 nations would compete in eight adaptive sports in London from September 10 -14. On the programme will be athletics, archery, wheelchair basketball, road cycling, indoor rowing, wheelchair rugby, swimming and sitting volleyball.